More and more patients need professional medical services and home care nursing when they return home after surgery or serious illness. At Patient Care Services, our professional home health care services include a broad range of care and support services for individuals recovering from a hospital stay, the disabled, chronically or terminally-ill. Patients who need medical, nursing, social, or therapeutic treatment or help with the essential activities of daily living. Keeping patients at home is an important goal of a home health care nurse. We know patients recover much better, and faster, at home as the risk of infection decreases and chances of readmission to the hospital are also minimized.
Home health nurses provide direct care and teach you and your family caregivers about your care. They also manage, observe, and evaluate your care. Any service that could be done safely by a non-medical person (or by yourself) without the supervision of a nurse, is not considered skilled nursing care.
Who needs nursing services at home?
- Older people who have ongoing health problems, but who want to maintain their independence in their homes with support from professional nursing attendants
- Patients who return home after surgery, needing care, supervision and assistance
- Patients who are undergoing complicated treatment that requires the use of medical equipment and/or medication monitoring
- Adult children who want their parents to have quality elder care at home
- People suffering chronic diseases and disabilities, such as dementia, heart failure, kidney disease, or diabetes, who need careful monitoring and supervision but do not want to enter a nursing home or palliative care facility